PacerTalk

The Place Where the Pacers Rip the 'Net
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:37 pm 
Team Hero
Team Hero

Former Colts player Konrad Reuland died Monday after suffering a brain aneurysm, Ravens head coach John Harbaugh announced Tuesday. Reuland was 29.

He had been a tight end with the Colts in 2014 and again during the off-season this year. He had also been with the 49ers, Jets and Ravens.

Reuland underwent brain surgery on Nov. 29, a day after he suffered the aneurysm, according to the Ravens. He died at his home in California.

“I just want to offer my condolences to his family. We love Konrad Reuland," Harbaugh said. "Every single guy in that locker room loves him who knows him."

Reuland, who was born in Mission Viejo, Calif., played collegiately at Notre Dame and Stanford and originally signed with the San Francisco 49ers as an undrafted free agent ahead of the 2011 season. After he was cut twice by the 49ers, Reuland was signed by the Jets. He played in 26 games over the 2012 and 2013 seasons.

The Jets placed Reuland on injured reserve in November 2013 and later waived him. He played in four games with the Ravens last season. Reuland was most recently with the Colts, who took him on as a free agent on July 31 this year, according to Colts.com.

Reuland played in three preseason games with the Colts this year, Colts.com reported, logging one catch for 10 yards in the team’s third preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

IndyStar's Zak Keefer talked to Reuland in August, during the final week of preseason this year — when teams are required to trim their roster from 90 to 75 at the beginning of the week and from 75 to 53 by the weekend.

Reuland knew to not get comfortable. He had been waived seven times since entering the NFL in 2012; one team, the Ravens, signed him six times and cut him four times over the course of 14 months. The Colts had signed him before, to their practice squad in October 2014, according to Colts.com, then released him eight days later.

“A crazy life,” Reuland said. “I’ve had injuries at the wrong time. I’ve been cut at the end of camp. I’ve made the team at the end of camp. You just never know.”

The Colts cut Reuland on Aug. 29.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/fox5 ... /95367146/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:46 pm 
Legend
Legend

Wow! I don't remember him, but that's so sad! RIP