PacerTalk

The Place Where the Pacers Rip the 'Net
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Monte Ellis
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:54 am 
Starter
Starter

What timing. Just before the draft and Ellis gets suspended for 5 games for violating the drug policy.

Post subject: Re: Monte Ellis
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:18 am 
Starter
Starter

Bird really made a great decision bringing him in. Great role model for the players.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:46 am 
Legend
Legend

ReggieRules31 wrote:
Bird really made a great decision bringing him in. Great role model for the players.

SMH at Ellis. With the suspension, he's been caught more than once.

Proud you're a Pacer, Monta...not!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:22 pm 
REEGT
REEGT

The only 5 game suspension in the anti-drug policy is for failing multiple drug tests for pot (3 times I think). I don't particularly care if someone smokes or not, but when you're job drug tests you, you agree to abide by their rules in exchange for millions of dollars.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:46 am 
Legend
Legend

Realist1234 wrote:
The only 5 game suspension in the anti-drug policy is for failing multiple drug tests for pot (3 times I think). I don't particularly care if someone smokes or not, but when you're job drug tests you, you agree to abide by their rules in exchange for millions of dollars.

This. Given the alledged pot use in the league, he needs to learn how not to get caught. /facepalm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:14 am 
REEGT
REEGT

mwilltru15 wrote:
Realist1234 wrote:

This. Given the alledged pot use in the league, he needs to learn how not to get caught. /facepalm

I calculate 5 games cost him roughly $670,000. Lots of players smoke, very few get caught. When you hit violation #2, JUST STOP SMOKING DURING THE SEASON.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:21 am 
Starter
Starter

Realist1234 wrote:
mwilltru15 wrote:
Realist1234 wrote:

I calculate 5 games cost him roughly $670,000. Lots of players smoke, very few get caught. When you hit violation #2, JUST STOP SMOKING DURING THE SEASON.

I still remember when Bird brought him in and you said nothing good will come out of it, well we got a pot smoking, no defense at all, horrible shooter, that couldn't even hit free throws which costs many many games in the closing seconds.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:57 am 
REEGT
REEGT

ReggieRules31 wrote:
Realist1234 wrote:
mwilltru15 wrote:
Realist1234 wrote:

I still remember when Bird brought him in and you said nothing good will come out of it, well we got a pot smoking, no defense at all, horrible shooter, that couldn't even hit free throws which costs many many games in the closing seconds.

I floated elsewhere that we should waive Ellis and stretch his contract. This would prevent him from exercising his player option, so for cap purposes instead of 2yr, $23m we would be on the hook for 3yr, $11m and save the team $12m.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:55 pm 
Starter
Starter

Realist1234 wrote:
ReggieRules31 wrote:
Realist1234 wrote:
mwilltru15 wrote:
Realist1234 wrote:

I floated elsewhere that we should waive Ellis and stretch his contract. This would prevent him from exercising his player option, so for cap purposes instead of 2yr, $23m we would be on the hook for 3yr, $11m and save the team $12m.

I bet they can move him and if they were to manage to move him and get some value from Paul then he might become GM of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:41 am 
Starter
Starter

Looks like hes getting a buyout.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:47 am 
Legend
Legend

Good move. He's more than worthless in a rebuild.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:49 am 
REEGT
REEGT

I was a fan of waiving him and stretching his contract. He has a player option we don't want him to take, so by waiving him he's 3yr, $11m against the cap, versus 2yr, $23m. If he wants a buyout over $11m, I'd just waive him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:51 am 
Legend
Legend

Realist1234 wrote:
I was a fan of waiving him and stretching his contract. He has a player option we don't want him to take, so by waiving him he's 3yr, $11m against the cap, versus 2yr, $23m. If he wants a buyout over $11m, I'd just waive him.

Agreed. We should be be watching the budget until this thing is ready to go...could be a couple of seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:48 pm 
Starter
Starter

DOnt we get a break if he gets bought out and signs with someone else, I'm pretty sure it lowers the cap? Real?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:25 pm 
REEGT
REEGT

ReggieRules31 wrote:
DOnt we get a break if he gets bought out and signs with someone else, I'm pretty sure it lowers the cap? Real?

If he is waived, not if he is bought out. And we're rebated by whatever his salary from the new team is, likely the vet minimum since he doesn't see any more money either way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:19 pm 
Team Captain
Team Captain

Realist1234 wrote:

Agreed!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 pm 
REEGT
REEGT

Monta has been waived.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:10 pm 
Legend
Legend

David Aldridge: Ellis’s ’18-’19 player option is extinguished by being released now (@Zach Lowe has mentioned this); IND is off the hook for that $11.7M.
– via Twitter daldridgetnt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:11 pm 
Legend
Legend

Nate Taylor: I can confirm Monta Ellis has being waived. No buyout. Teams have 48 hours to claim him & the final 2 years of his deal. @Shams Charania 1st.
3 hours ago – via Twitter ByNateTaylor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:12 pm 
Legend
Legend

Could Monta become Olynyk?

Quote:
Sam Amick: Lots of interest for Kelly Olynyk, I’m told, with Nets, Pacers, Kings, Jazz coming on strong. Pacers are trying to shed salary to land him
4 hours ago – via Twitter sam_amick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:00 pm 
Starter
Starter

Realist1234 wrote:
Monta has been waived.

U were right again.. stretch amnesty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:26 am 
Starter
Starter

This keeps up the site logo won't have any players left.