PacerTalk

The Place Where the Pacers Rip the 'Net
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:16 pm 
Team Hero
Team Hero

Just thought I'd pass this article along I found over at BleacherReport.com on GR3. It's a very good read.

Sounds like GR3 is ready to try and fill some pretty big shoes in the wake of PGs departure. He's eager to prove himself capable of playing on both sides of the ball and relishes the opportunity. Per the article, he's been working on his ballhandling skills and watching alot of film on PG and Khawi Leonard trying to better understand defensive positioning since they are two of the premier on-the-ball-defenders in the league. (Which makes you wonder why PG didn't get an All-Defensive nod...go figure.)

GR3 also wants to be a starter instead of being just another rotation player. Personally, I like that he's reaching for new heights! The kid still has alot to learn, but if he comes in and shows that he has improved his ballhandling skills and he can play stronger man-D and still score and get to the foul line, I have no doubt he'll be the Pacers' starting SF before too long. Perhaps not this year, but we'll see.

Quote:
“Playing behind him [Paul George] and just competing against him in practice every day and the level of intensity that he came to play with, you know, every game just how serious he took his approach and preparation for the game and you know, it’s one thing I really learned from him and will continue to do for the rest of my career. Paul wasn’t always the vocal “rah-rah” leader all the time but he definitely led by example in his play so I definitely want to bring that to the team.”

Joey (GR3's trainer) explained to me that Glenn has a burning desire to tap into his high defensive ceiling to become a legitimate lock down defender. The Indiana Pacers are obviously going to need a new perimeter lockdown defender with Paul George gone and Robinson III is looking to fill that role. They have been studying clips of Kawhi Leonard and Paul George this summer to expand his advanced understanding of defense.

GR3, just keep puttin' in work, son! You'll get there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:44 pm 
REEGT
REEGT

I read that Nate had already handed the starting SF job to Bogdanovic. If Glenn wants it, he's behind the 8 ball already.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:57 pm 
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

I really hope Glenn will start.
I hope our best defense team will start. I believe that is Lance, Victor, Glenn, Domantas, Myles.

When our defense is good, we will have wins. I really hope we make the play-offs. I don't believe in tanking, I don't believe in losing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:17 am 
Starter
Starter

SarunasTheKing wrote:
I really hope Glenn will start.
I hope our best defense team will start. I believe that is Lance, Victor, Glenn, Domantas, Myles.

When our defense is good, we will have wins. I really hope we make the play-offs. I don't believe in tanking, I don't believe in losing.

We shall see who wins spots, minutes, etc...I do agree tanking is the scumbucket way to go, figures the Star would hire a bottomfeeder like Gregg Doyel who says we should do that for a few years. They might not even jell fast or get a bunch of injuries, or plain suck and lose but it won't be for not trying to do something.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:06 pm 
Team Hero
Team Hero

Realist1234 wrote:
I read that Nate had already handed the starting SF job to Bogdanovic. If Glenn wants it, he's behind the 8 ball already.

I thought that, too, until I started watching some game footage of Bojan Bogdanovic. He's very crafty, runs the outlet very well (so, Lance would love him in transition!), and he can shoot. I see him as an improved version of Michael Dunlevy, Jr...very good basketball IQ, moves very well WITHOUT the ball, is constantly in motion, reads the defense very well, and can finish at the rim.

Folks have to remember, Bogdanovic isn't a rookie. He's been in the league for 3 years now, same as Myles Turner, but if I remember correctly he also played Euro ball, too. Still, the only way Dano loses is if GRIII brings the defense. Otherwise, I don't think he can take the starting SF role from "Dano".

SarunasTheKing wrote:
I really hope Glenn will start. I hope our best defense team will start. I believe that is: Lance, Victor, Glenn, Domantas, Myles.

I'd switch Bogdanovic for (Domantas) Sabonis (SF), bring Lance and GRIII off the bench (PG and SG, respectively) and start T. Young. Line-up/rotation would like more like this:

Starter - POS - Resv
Oladipo - SG - GRIII
Collison - PG - Lance
Turner - C - A. Jefferson
T. Young - PF - L. Allen
Bogdanovic - SF - Sabonis

I'd like for Lance to start, but I don't think he will since we have Collison. Besides, I love his energy off the bench. Besides, I think he'd get decent minutes with the starters anyway after rotating in.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:26 pm 
Legend
Legend

I still want to punch Dunleavy in the head...just sayin.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:20 pm 
Team Hero
Team Hero

mwilltru15 wrote:
I still want to punch Dunleavy in the head...just sayin.

You're gonna have to get in line, big fellas. I'm sure several GS Warriors fans have dibs on wanting MDJr's head on a pike.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:47 am 
Legend
Legend

/rofl