PacerTalk

The Place Where the Pacers Rip the 'Net
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:23 pm 
Team Captain
Team Captain

I don't usually follow a former Pacers' movement or activity once they leave the team, especially if they caused trouble or all but demanded to be traded. I made an exception for Jermaine O'Neal because I really liked him and Ron "Metta World Peace" Artest only because he seemed to humble himself after a while (althogh initially I just wanted to see how long it would take for his career to take a nose-dive and for him to fall flat on his face).

Lately, I've made two more exceptions: Roy Hibbert and Lance Stephenson.

Initially when Hibbert was traded to the Lakers, he seemed giddy to be playing alongside Kobe Bryant. But 10-20 games into the season, I noticed that silly smile he tends to wear on his face was gone. Kobe must've told him "This is still my team and you better work your ass off in the paint the same as Shaq did or else..." or something to that effect. In short, Hibbert wasn't the Hibbeast in LA and the fans really never took a liking to him. So, he got traded - twice. He's now landed in back in the Eastern Conference playing for the Milwaukee Bucks. In a way that's a step-up for him considering the Lakers' place in the standings out West (2nd...from the bottom; the Bucks are in 10th place in the East). Still, I think Hibbert expected to make a name for himself out West with LAL and "soft" wasn't one of them.

Stephenson's career has really taken a nose-dive since leaving the Pacers. He's now playing for his 5th team since leaving the Pacers for the Charlotte Hornets. He's since played for the Clippers, Grizzlies and Pelicans where he only played in 6 games. Talk about a tanking a promising NBA career. But not all hope is lost.

The T-Wolves just signed Stephenson to a 10-day contract. Here's hoping this acts as a wake-up call to him because if any other player whose name isn't Ron Artest needs an attitude adjustment, it's Lance Stephenson.

Two promising players who had it all with the Pacers but thought they could do better without them. Bet they're both looking back wishing they'd patched things up and stayed now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:04 pm 
Legend
Legend

/pod

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:10 pm 
Team Captain
Team Captain

I didn't think Hibbert really wanted it to go the way it did, but I understand how he might of felt with how Bird spoke about him. West said Bird threw him under the bus.

On the other hand, Lance I've sort of followed hoping he'd find his way back to Indy but more mature. When Cleveland worked him out, I was worried because I know how good he can be when surrounded by the right people. Thibs ain't gonna go for his foolishness. And to be quite honest I hope his career keeps going down if he doesn't find his way back here and play the way we know he can. I'm petty that way. I've long since forgave Ron because he really did have issues and took action to better himself. Hell I wouldn't be mad if the Pacers brought in Metta, (he's still Ron), to teach these guys what he learned from playing with Kobe and being on a championship team. AND mentor Lance if we can get him back. But that might just be my fantasy!! I think Lance would be perfect for the first unit. Monta has the heart and passion but he just doesn't have it anymore.