PacerTalk

The Place Where the Pacers Rip the 'Net
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:09 pm 
Team Hero
Team Hero

...'I'm A "F***ing Person Too ...
No one likes to be booed. Most people want to be liked, and even if they aren't liked, they don't want to hear about it.

NASCAR driver Danica Patrick heard some fans voice their dislike Friday at Pocono.

When one fan approached her on pit road for an autograph, he was stopped by security as Patrick continued to walk by.

When nearby fans saw that, they didn't appreciate it and booed. Patrick then walked over to the booing fans to respond.

"I do the best I can," Patrick said. "I mean, if you're a real fan, you know that I'm not just my job is not to sign autographs, right?
My job is to drive a car and to tell the crew chief what's going on. I don't appreciate the booing. It hurts my feelings. I'm a person,
you know what I mean? I'm a person too. I have feelings."

You'll probably need to turn up the volume to hear this as clear as possible...

It's a fair statement. People don't always deserve to be booed, but professional athletes are expected to be ambassadors of the sport
and refusing an autograph isn't exactly the way to endear yourself to fans.

And maybe sponsors are taking notice. Patrick, who will start 24th in Sunday's Pocono 400, lost her sponsorship with Nature's Bakery
earlier this year over a contract dispute. Other sponsors haven't exactly been flocking to her, and considering an incident like this where
she is shunning a fan, it would be hard to imagine sponsors approaching her with deals especially without a single victory on NASCAR's top circuit.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure how many "F" words were thrown out there because I couldn't quite make it all out... /doh /doh /doh

I'll give her some slack there ... /wag /wag /wag

A few of us have been talking off/on about this 'subject' so it's nothing new to us. We're just waiting on the outcome... :)) :)) :))

I'm not sure now if she'd be accepted back in to the Open Wheel side of racing... /think /think /think

Later,

Steve

/wink

She finished Pocono in 16th place ... Beats 17th and beyond... /salute /salute /salute

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:18 am 
Legend
Legend

"What have you done for me lately" allows people to act like a jerk & be accepted. If you don't win? That shtick gets old.

I don't see how she survives past the end of the season without a win...and I don't see how she wins. Might be over soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:38 am 
Team Hero
Team Hero

/up /up /up

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:14 pm 
Team Hero
Team Hero

Lets just say I'm not holding my breath, but a lot of silly season talks involve the 10 (and the 5)

There seems to be a lot of buzz on silly season this year. Do you guys think Penske expands to three Fords with Blaney next year and if so any word on who the sponsor(s) would be? Who do you think will be in the 10 next year? Any other Moves to be on the look out for? - From Nicholas

Hey Nicolas, silly season will be absolutely nuts — and will last all the way to Homestead-Miami Speedway. While we’re still in the speculation stage and this isn’t confirmed, here is some recent buzz. I would bet on three cars at Team Penske next year with Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano and Ryan Blaney behind the wheels. Then Paul Menard fills the seat at the No. 21 Wood Brothers Ford. The obvious choice to replace Menard would be Ty Dillon, however, I’ve been told he has a three-year contract with Germain Racing. Any driver looking to fill Menard’s seat at Richard Childress Racing will have to bring sponsorship. As for the No. 10 Ford, Aric Almirola’s name has been mentioned for that ride. However, a source told me this morning Smithfield will stay with the No. 43 Ford. Rumors also persist that Erik Jones will be in the No. 20 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota. If so, does Matt Kenseth stay in the Toyota camp? Perhaps a swap with the No. 77 Furniture Row Racing team or does he move to Hendrick Motorsports to work with their development drivers? Despite reports that Hendrick Motorsports scaled down to three cars in 2018, I don't believe it. Stay tuned. – Lee Spencer

From MRN - written by Pete Pistone and again this was a topic this morning on TMD:
Danica Patrick
Stories have swirled about Patrick’s future since the beginning of the season. Compounding the uncertainty was Stewart-Haas Racing’s legal battle with Nature’s Bakery and the $45 million sponsorship that ended when the company backed away. A settlement has been reached, but it’s a drop in the bucket by comparison of what was to be the No. 10 ride’s funding for this year and next.

Patrick has been very vocal about her displeasure in being uncompetitive and now comes a Sports Business Journal report about a clause in her SHR contract that could see the two part ways. Where that would lead Patrick is anyone’s guess - with another NASCAR team, a return to IndyCar or retirement at age 35 all possibilities.

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASCAR-S ... rting.aspx