The Place Where the Pacers Rip the 'Net
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pushing the Reset Button
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:28 pm 
Legend
Legend

It's time to hit the reset button!

PacerTalk needs your help. This has been a tough year for our humble site. If it weren't for a faithful few (you know who you are, and that you are appreciated), we probably wouldn't have survived the Pacers' frustrating season...but we did!

Because we did survive, I am asking for everyone's opinions. Moving forward, I would like to know what you think we need to improve, how we can draw more people, and how to generally improve the experience.

Thanks in advance to everyone!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:59 am 
Team Hero
Team Hero

"PUSH"...

I know I've approached you several times on 'how-to' or 'can you tell me' and you've been right back to answer my questions which I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE... /yes /yes /yes

I haven't looked around really close lately BUT - Is there an area that I can go to and get that type info without having to bother you ??? For all I know you've already set one up

and I didn't write it down. I FORGOT maybe...In case nobody has told you that - It happens with age... /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm

It seems as there's more and more media markets coming out of which I have NO IDEA what they are and how they work; Plus the ones that already out.

You have several right here above this box: "Dailymotion" "Instagram" "Quicktime" and etc. etc.

Maybe I'm asking to much, I'm just curious to learn more 'computer-wise' and TRY to keep this ole noggin' busily occupied and don't go dormant... /doh /doh /doh

Later,

Steve

/wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:50 pm 
Legend
Legend

SWagoner wrote:

"PUSH"...

I know I've approached you several times on 'how-to' or 'can you tell me' and you've been right back to answer my questions which I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE... /yes /yes /yes

I haven't looked around really close lately BUT - Is there an area that I can go to and get that type info without having to bother you ??? For all I know you've already set one up

and I didn't write it down. I FORGOT maybe...In case nobody has told you that - It happens with age... /facepalm /facepalm /facepalm

It seems as there's more and more media markets coming out of which I have NO IDEA what they are and how they work; Plus the ones that already out.

You have several right here above this box: "Dailymotion" "Instagram" "Quicktime" and etc. etc.

Maybe I'm asking to much, I'm just curious to learn more 'computer-wise' and TRY to keep this ole noggin' busily occupied and don't go dormant... /doh /doh /doh

Later,

Steve

/wink

There are some "how-to's" (CLICK HERE) For something like new video formats, just let me know, and I'll add the button if I can.

Thanks again, Steve. I appreciate you, buddy!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:19 pm 
Series Champ
Series Champ

I love PacerTalk the way it is and does not need improvement. I think on how we can draw more people, just by word of mouth is a good start.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:27 pm 
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Doesn't need a change in my view. I am not posting that much nowadays, but that has more to do with my enormous amount of work than with Pacertalk.
I try to read everything and it is a welcome read, when a bunch of people post in the game posts. Although I cannot watch anymore, it gives me a feeling I was at the game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:37 pm 
Starter
Starter

Not sure what can be done. Maybe posting on Facebook, Twitter etc. that the site is available.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:08 am 
Starter
Starter

pacfan55 wrote:
Not sure what can be done. Maybe posting on Facebook, Twitter etc. that the site is available.

More people just need to check it out, it is far the easiest going Pacers Forum out there. When Indy shut down the old one not enough came over. Mike you did an awesome job with the site and I for one love the experience of real Pacers fans sharing in our love of the team, along with all the extra stuff for Colts, Racing, etc etc.. I really just think more people need to check it out, very interested in seeing any changes you come up with as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:14 pm 
Team Captain
Team Captain

Some ideas on hitting that reset button:

1. An aggressive social media campaign (i.e., Facebook, Twitter standard "Go-To's")
2. Partner with sports media sites (i.e., HoopsHype.com, Pacers' BleacherReport.com or Indy Cornrolls.com) to showcase forum.
3. Use Reddit to redirect Pacers sports "robo" news directly to "Pacers News" section.

IMO, the more "fan friendly and informative" you make the site particularly for all things Pacers, the more you're likely to entice fans to come around.

Things to continue doing ('cause you do it so well. :) ):

1. Keep the Game Threads coming (in advance).
2. Keep the dialog open (with emphasis on respecting one another; no trolling, baiting or insulting fellow fans nor rivals).
3. FREE membership registration (always a plus!)
4. Get that "Like" button back! (LOL)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:55 pm 
Team Captain
Team Captain

It's been a tough summer for me personally with this Pacers team and my (REAL) life so I have not been around much. But you guys are my fam and I'm gonna stick it out. I really thought about giving up on the NBA mainly because I don't like what the league is turning into. Enough about that tho. If I can think of anything, I'll be sure to let you know. Anyway, can't wait to chat it up with you guys again as b-ball season rolls around!! We did survive it and we will continue to do so!!