PacerTalk

The Place Where the Pacers Rip the 'Net
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:03 am 
Team Captain
Team Captain

I use to be a BIG Chicago Cubs fan many years ago before the Batman incident ruined my craze for the team. I really haven't followed the team since then. But I came across an article in my news feed about their crazy win over the Pittsburg Pirates yesterday and decided to see how they were doing. Gotta say I'm a bit surprised!

Cubs are on a 5-game winning streak which has taken them from 4th place in the NL Central Division to 2nd place. They've also won 7-3 over their last 10-games. The only other team that comes close are the LA Dodgers (18-17, 4-game winning streak and are also 7-3 over their last 10 games).

It's early; we're still less that 25% into the season. Cubs are bound to screw things up eventually. They always do. Until then, I'm giving them props for being the hottest team in baseball right now. And who knows...if they continue to improve this year they just may win back a former fan.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:15 pm 
Legend
Legend

A big sweep against the Mets has the Cubbies looking good. I'm not really a baseball fan anymore, but I would love to see them make a run.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:38 am 
Team Captain
Team Captain

OMG! I cannot believe it. After a 7-year absence from the MLB post-season, the Cubs - the Chicago CUBS! - are back in the 2nd season of Major League Baseball. And they're on a hot streak!

They closed the season on an 8-game winning streak, had the best 10-game record to close the season 8-2. NO other team came close to achieving such momentum headed into the post-season. This help them secure a wild-card berth and they used that momentum to their advantage defeating the Pittsburg Pirates today, 4-0 to send them to the NL championship series.

So, here's a that was hot in May remained competitive headed into October, the 2nd season of Major League Baseball. I'm excited! By ending the season on a hot streak similar to the consistency they exhibited from May, finishing with a 97-35 record and beating the Pirates in their Wild Card matchup, I'm ready to profess the Cubs have won back an old fan.

GO CUBS!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:10 pm 
Team Hero
Team Hero

IndyBoy39 wrote:
OMG! I cannot believe it. After a 7-year absence from the MLB post-season, the Cubs - the Chicago CUBS! - are back in the 2nd season of Major League Baseball. And they're on a hot streak!

They closed the season on an 8-game winning streak, had the best 10-game record to close the season 8-2. NO other team came close to achieving such momentum headed into the post-season. This help them secure a wild-card berth and they used that momentum to their advantage defeating the Pittsburg Pirates today, 4-0 to send them to the NL championship series.

So, here's a that was hot in May remained competitive headed into October, the 2nd season of Major League Baseball. I'm excited! By ending the season on a hot streak similar to the consistency they exhibited from May, finishing with a 97-35 record and beating the Pirates in their Wild Card matchup, I'm ready to profess the Cubs have won back an old fan.

GO CUBS!

Got ya beat by 3 years. /facepalm as if that is something to brag about. It's been 10 long painful years since the Astros have been in the post-season. But hey we made it.

/clap for both the Cubbies and the Stros!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:08 pm 
Legend
Legend

I'm not much of a baseball fan anymore, but I did enjoy the suspense leading up to the post-season. I also liked that both the Cubbies and Stros made it!

Who knows...I might even watch a little!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:52 am 
Team Captain
Team Captain

My excitement continues to be build...

Cubs beat the Cardinals to move on to the NLCS. I must confess, I'm totally, yet pleasantly surprised. I didn't give them a chance, not against the Cardinals, baseballs #1 team. And they did it by beating them 3-1. The series wasn't even close! That shocks me even more!!

I'm trying real hard not to get to hyped about it because every time I think this team has a chance to go all the way, fate intervenes, something goes dreadfully wrong, and my hopes like every other Cubs fans goes down the drain, i.e., the missed foul ball to left field interfered with by Bartman where the Cubs went on to lose the series to the Marlins when they were only 2 outs away from going to the World Series....heartbreaking.

I pray that the outcome is drastically different for the Cubs this year.